Format for Mens TourWhen will the draw be made? How many matches will I play? How much will it cost to play?
The draw takes place the week before each event. Players for mens’ U23’s and O50’s need to enter their names with any committee member, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text 086 8476890 or 087 2684027 by the previous Saturday. Each player will be drawn into one of 4 time slots.
There are 4 sessions in the Men’s competition.
- First round matches are best of 11.
- Winners of First round matches continue on the Winners side until four people from the session get through to the Last 32.
- Anyone who loses a match goes into the Losers side of the draw. These matches are best of 9. They continue playing until four more get through to the Last 32 from the Losers side.
- Eight players from each of the 4 sessions get through to make the Last 32, starting on Sunday morning at 9am.
- Anyone who loses two matches before the 3rd round of the Losers side is completed goes into the Plate event.
- These are best of 7 matches.
- Four players get through from each of the 4 sessions to make up the Last 16 of the Plate.
The entry fee for 2017/2018 is €50
Anyone who wishes to enter for the season can pay €250 at the 1st event and play in 6 events for the price of 5.
NOTE: For the Inter-Counties, there is no charge to anyone who plays in 4 of the 7 events (including the Irish Championships), as long as their County Affiliation is paid. All other players will be charged €10 Registration Fee to play in the Inter-Counties.